Are you interested in joining the Yamhill County SAR Team?
Do you like being in the outdoors?
Do you want to volunteer your time to help the community?
If the answer to these questions is yes; then contact us
or stop by the Sheriff's Office to pick up an application.
Our meetings are on the 3rd Thursday of each month at 7pm.
Meeting Location is the Public Works Auditorium (OSU Extension Building)
located at 2060 Northeast Lafayette Avenue, McMinnville OR 97128.
View Larger Map
This is right across the street from Wortman Park on Lafayette Avenue.
PLEASE CONTACT THE SHERIFF'S OFFICE and pickup an application.
You can also download an YCSO Volunteer Application here.
- Must be 18 years old.
- Not convicted of any serious crime.
- Able to give your time.
- Attend Monthly SAR Meeting.
- Written application submitted and reviewed by the Sheriff's Office Search and Rescue Coordinator.
- Background check is conducted.
- Interview Scheduled with the Search and Rescue Board.
- Interview Scheduled with Sheriff Crabtree.
- Attend monthly meetings.
- Attend Search and Rescue Training Academy (Held yearly).